I could hear the bells ringing. It was a sound I would not soon forget and one I had grown accustom to hearing.
The low chime followed by the high pitch which meant that all Images had to return to their place of dwelling. Images were not allowed to be outside after sundown. The Night as it was called belonged to the Shadows but I remember a time when this was not so, where People were governors of the Shadows.
The Shadows were our slaves and even in the darkest of nights they obeyed our every command, mirrored every movement without question or thought.
Then came the war. A period of confusion and terror. The shadows had revolted and broken loose. 'Images' as we were now referred to were considered impure, an insult to the Night and only for the amusement of the Shadows were we kept alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment