Sunday, January 16, 2011

Martin Luther King and I

I remember the first time I met Dr. King, it was Tuesday the 5th, the morning was cold and the skies grey, I was walking down 1st avenue when he happened to bump into me, apparently he needed money to board the bus to head to D.C. He said he would pay me back as soon as possible and at first I didn't believe him but then I thought to myself 'why not help a brother out'.
Not long after we met in D.C, he was still working on his ministry and I was running for senate (yea again). We decided to rent a room together near Arlington.
At first it was hard, King was messy and I was rather neat, he would entertain all sorts of Bible studies and culture parties throughout the night which was really annoying because they would blast jazz while I was trying to sleep.
Eventually I couldn't take it anymore so we parted ways, the funny thing is, he never paid me back for the bus fare.