Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Day two

What good is a rainy afternoon without a single cloud to look at?
OK so its day two, Tuesday!!! yay!! I mean..Boooo..Alright so today I'm going to analyze Chips message to a deeper perspective. So I guess I'll start with myself. Where I'm at now, where I was yesterday and where I'll be tomorrow...were always changing, despite what people say about being 'stuck in old ways'. Everyday your morals are being tested, your opinions and ideas are redefined as well as your values but most importantly your spiritual standpoint is either being elevated or not.
How far have you come within the last week, the last day, the last hour? In my earlier note I talked about being perfect for that other person in your life but your primary goal should always be to make yourself perfect for Christ, for his work and service. Your partner is your support, that person should be the one to pick you up when your down, to be able to lean on you when your standing. To bring you joy and sorrow, passion and pain, love and laughter, and together your love for each other should be something that is pleasing to God.
As for myself, I know my weaknesses as well as my strength so I can begin to adjust accordingly and its important for everyone to know where they stand. Don't enter a relationship expecting someone to help you find yourself. A healthy relationship is one where two people can grow together experiencing change and strengthening 'self' along the way. Over time the definition of 'self' will also be redefined as you begin to realize that spiritually, you and your partner 'need' each other to get closer to understanding Gods love.
Now I'm not talking about that girl you've been dating for a week or that guy you met last week at the gym, this kind of love, this type of progress only comes from marriage. One that's firmly planted on a common ground that revolves not around self....but what about those of us who aren't married yet, who ARE in the process of dating...hmm I guess I'll go into that tomorrow.