Is it day 4..or day 5..I lost count. OK so the dating process. I think the first thing to understand is that dating isn't marriage. Often times couples try to duplicate the aspects of a healthy marriage and...often times they get hurt down the road.
I'm sure were all familiar with societies caption of what it means to date but lets put aside that notion for a second. The proper context of 'courting' is a process of getting to know someone, their values their likes and dislikes, their family, the whole works. This should be done in an environment where both parties can express their self's freely without fear of ridicule and fear of 'this person is trying to change me'. You should be comfortable in sharing ideas and opinions, its the differences in this early stage that will define 'who YOU are' and is probably what drew you to your potential spouse in the first place. Of course their has to be some common ground, but I think that's for each couple to find for their own.
I cant stress the importance of honesty enough. Honesty in a relationship is like...air..to..something that needs air..hmmm so anyway um..oh yes, honesty. Now its natural to want to impress him or her but believe me, the best way you can do so is by being yourself. Its also important that within the first few months of your relationship both parties come together and say 'hey, John or Jane..what do you expect out of this relationship..and here's what I expect' I'm sure if John just wants to get in her pants, Jane's not gonna be too reluctant to stick around and this goes both ways. By identify what you want, where in your relationship you want to be next month or next year, your able to begin to say 'well this is what we want so this is how we can go about getting it or this is where we wanna be so lets do this and that etc'
Sorry but I gotta go back to sleep, if you have any inputs about aspects you feel are important that I might have missed (and I'm sure I did) then feel free to...sigh..I missed my sentry..their gonna hang me..anyway..theres no need to rush anything in a relationship, just take it slow and OH yes,,communication..you need communication.